Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mrs. Bree and her dwarves on MT. Lau Lau...

My experience on mount Lau-Lau was fascinating. I really learned a lot. I learned that there are many things that hurt the CNMI marine environment. Pollution that comes from burning the forest is one of the factors why the waters in the beaches are filled with chemicals. Another factor are the chemicals in the asphalt that goes down the waters by means of the rain. The rain carries some chemicals in the asphalt then it goes down the ground to the underground water. Factories, transportation, and the waste that people leave behind mostly create other factors that contributes to the continuous pollution of the beaches. I also learned that whatever we do to hurt our environment, we do to ourselves to. The marine economy is connected with tourism and the fish industry. The worst the marine environment gets, the worst will our economy become. All in all, my trip was worth it even though it was hot. It was a great time to appreciate my surroundings and thank that its still hear and that without nature this world will go down. AHHH!!!!!!!!

No comments: