Saturday, September 15, 2007

"ARE YOU READY KIDS?! AYE AYE CAPTAIN!"


Hail sponge bob, my ancestor! Heeheehee.. It’s so cool how you finally found out where you originally came from. DAMN! I should respect sponges more then. And maybe, JUST maybe, if people learn about this, they will hopefully appreciate the reefs and take a better care of it.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS!”


1) What organism is thought to be the first multi-cellular animal?
sponge


2) How is it similar (3 examples) and different (3 examples) from animals today?
Similarities: Differences:
-It’s multi-cellular -No nervous system
-Reproduces -it regenerates lost parts
-It eats3 -it has spicules, or what is said to be the skeletons of

Sponges.


3) How do scientists know it's an animal?
They eat by sucking and filtering water

  1. Reproduce or regenerates

2. The cells communicate to each other like the animal cells

4) What evidence do scientists have to prove that other animals (multi-cellular) evolved from this organism?
Spicules were found in the fossils that is said to be in the gene tree with the other species.

1 comment:

Frances Santos-Hofschneider said...

My 9 year old watches Sponge Bob a lot and if I ever show her this picture, she will be asking me which one are you, that is if I ever bring her to class with me. Watch out! She can be as mean as your Sponge.

I enjoy seeing the comics in your Blog. Unique and Nice!